KEY DATES FOR 2019.
9am, Thursday 23rd May – Applications Open
5pm, Friday 14th June – Applications Close
12pm, Tuesday 25th June – Semi-finalists Announced
7–10pm, Saturday 27th July – Awards Ceremony
ELIGIBILITY – WHO CAN ENTER?
We expect that entrants will come from a diverse range of backgrounds and sectors – business, community and government. Anyone can enter, as long as you meet the following criteria:
1. Entrants must aged 16–30 years (inclusive), as at 27th July 2019.
2. All entrants must have New Zealand citizenship or residency.
THERE ARE FOUR CATEGORIES FOR THE IMPACT AWARDS.
WHO WILL BE JUDGING THE IMPACT AWARDS?
Each Award Category will be judged by a panel of judges. The panel will be different for each Award Category. Judges will include people with relevant domain expertise; a representative from the relevant Award Category sponsor(s); and a representative(s) from Inspiring Stories. The identity of the judges will not be made public.
CRITERIA – WHAT WILL THE JUDGES BE LOOKING FOR?
Each Award Category has it’s own page on this website, which contains more specific criteria that the judges will be considering for each category. Below is the general criteria the judges will take into account.
The entrant(s) – eligibility and circumstances
– how confident can we be that their work is credible?
– how long have they been working to make a difference in this area?
– what barriers / obstacles have they had to overcome in doing this work?
Impact – the difference that they are making
– what is the cause/problem area that they are working to make a difference in?
– how have they approached solving the problem(s) and/or creating solutions?
– how do they know their work is having an impact? Any key measures / indicators they can share?
– are the efforts addressing a root cause, the system(s), or the symptoms of the problem?
– what is the scale of the difference/impact they are making? I.e. small, medium, large, etc.
– how have they demonstrated leadership in doing this work? Is it inspiring?
– who else is involved in this work? I.e. an organisation, a team, partners, etc.
What difference could this Award make for them?
– how might receiving this Award help to amplify the impact they are making?